Friday, April 3, 2015

Pesach Text message

The Haggadah is one of these mysterious items our tradition has.
I still remember the Haggadah my mother's uncle brought every year to the Seder.
Even though he visited us very frequently and always brought presents, I looked at that Haggadah with curiosity and special interest.
Now that I think back to those times, I think I understand why that green book was so particular.
The Haggadah tells us where we come from. Two nights in the year we sit down around the table to talk about our origins.
It is a mitzvah to speak about our origins, not just a social act.
This Pesach think of the Sedarim you remember from your childhood and thank G-d for all the accomplishments you personally and we as a people made.


In memory of my beloved mother and teacher Miriam Rachel bat Israel Itzchak Z"L

No comments:

Post a Comment