Friday, February 12, 2016

Trumah Text message

Parashat Trumah (offering)

I have some news to share with you… There are some contradictions in the Torah.
Exodus 25:22 says: “There I will meet with you; from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the Ark of the Testimony.  I will speak with you regarding every commandment that I will give you for the Israelites.”
While Exodus 29:42 (just some chapters later) says: ”This will be a continual burnt offering throughout your generations, at the doorway of the Tent of Meeting before the Lord, where I will meet with you, to speak to you there.”
So where does G-d speak to Moses? Two different schools of thought: Rabbi Akiva goes with the first verse, the place was special to G-d; Rabbi Ishmael goes with the second verse, the place was special to Moses.
We do not know exactly where this happened. What really matters is that the encounter happens.


In memory of my beloved mother and teacher Miriam Rachel bat Israel Itzchak Z"L

No comments:

Post a Comment